It is amazing what the internet has evolved into. So much of our lives are now shared so openly on so many different social media platforms. The crazy part that always blows my mind is that we share it with complete strangers! All I can say, is that it's insane. But with that said, I figured I’d write a post on ways to power off and enjoy the moment with your friends and family. These are all helpful tips you can use as a personal lifestyle goal.
I think it’s important to take breaks when needed and really take in life’s precious moments. Now let’s get started, shall we.
1. Turn off your notifications! If you turn them off you won’t be tempted to reach over and check your phone. I know it’s always nice to know when someone has texted you back or how many likes your photo is getting online but this will totally lead to checking other sites, it can be never ending.
2. Okay, so consider other alternatives. Sounds so simple. Your probably like okay, like what?!? Ummm, how about talking with your friends, mom, roommate, having a simple conversation, playing a board game.
3. Hide the sucker! This can be leaving your phone in the depths of the universe called your purse or in a drawer in the house. If it is out of site, it will be out of mind. You’ll seriously be surprised how much time can pass and not realize.
4. Turn off data/wifi. If you turn off your data/wifi on your phone you won’t be able to use it and won’t want to try because you’ll know you won’t have connection!
5. No phone rule on the table. If you’re having dinner, lunch, appetizers, make it a known rule among friends and family that phone’s aren’t allowed on the table. If you do this, it will allow you to be present and cherish the moment you’re having together. I think we can all relate going out with a friend or family member for lunch or dinner and finding them on their phone and feeling that awkward silence. Not only is it rude but it defeats the purpose of why you two met up!
How do you like to power off?